And then they were two…….
I thought I knew the basics of motherhood by the time my daughter was two. So when my husband suggested we start trying for our second kid, I was confident I had it all under control. What’s the worst that could happen? Fast forward to a year later… is it me or are the days longer and the night’s shorter?
Oh my, I have decided there are different stages of motherhood and each has its own challenges and solutions.
As a mother of a toddler and infant, I am constantly looking for ways to cheat time. I always want to squeeze out another hour from the 24hours in a day. It’s impossible!
I have learned that nothing is easy, you only get better at it with time. Don’t get me wrong, I love my kids plus the laughter in my home has doubled, the joy has increased and with two kids there is never a dull moment.
Are you a mom of a toddler and expecting another baby well, here are 6 tips to help you:
- Anytime your toddler calls for your attention, make sure you give him/her your attention.
- Refrain from blaming the toddler for anything that happens to the baby.
- Know what your toddler loves that can keep him/her busy for 20-30mins and use it whenever baby needs your undivided attention.
- Ensure your baby’s arrival does not upset your toddler’s routine.
- You and your spouse should exchange one on one bonding time with each kid. Daddy and toddler time, mommy and baby time; daddy and baby, mommy and toddler.
- When grandma/grandpa comes to visit let your toddler introduce the baby, and let grandma know he has been a good big brother.
Any mom of a toddler and infant have any tips to add to this? I would also be grateful if anyone could tell me how to create more time. xoxo