I don’t know about you but Summer is my favorite season and I’m sure I’m not alone on this. “Summertime” for parents can mean something totally different, though. Summer time can be daunting as you have to reorganized your family schedule to match the kid’s new found “free time”. So, how do you keep your school-age kids active and maintain your sanity during the summer? We have some real-life suggestions that may just help.
- Get out and get that body moving! The kids will be tempted to stay inside where there’s AC and TV but encouraging them to turn the TV off and get outside is paramount to helping the kiddos stay active during the summer. Playing a game of kick ball, hunting for bugs, making mud pies and bike riding are all good ole’ fashion outdoor fun. Be sure to stay hydrated!
- Pick up a book, or 2 or 3! Check out your local library, normally the public libraries have fun activities and reading contest that help to motivate the kids to want to read more books.
- Of course, there’s always family vacays! Are you one of those families that has annual summer traveling traditions? Well, we have some awesome suggestions for you. Check out this list from USA Today for some great ideas!
- Summer Camp! Check with your local park district, community bulletins, churches or check out http://www.summercamps.com/ to find information about camps that your kids may enjoy attending.
- Splash Around! Don’t have a pool in your backyard? No problem, pull out the Slip n’ slide, water hose or fill up those water balloons and splash around a little. This is a great way to cool off and a super fun time for not only kiddos but parents, too.
Have some idea to add? Drop them in the comments.
Tags: #familyblog, #familyfun, #getaway, #memories, #momblog, #momhacks, #mommyblog, #mommyblogger, #parenthacks, #parenthood, #parentinghacks, #staycation, #subscriptionbox, #summer, #thestorkbag, #traveling, family,