It’s almost time to collectively celebrate some of the most powerful men in the world, daddies! It’s true you know, daddies have a lot of power and we’re not just talking physically, we’re speaking of mentally and emotionally too. Here are 5 reasons why WE think daddies are the real supermen!
- Daddy is “literally” (in a figurative context of course) stronger than any other man! At least that’s what his kids think. Kids tend to look at dad as being an indestructible, giant who has no weakness and that’s exactly what they need. Dad’s play an important role in making children feel secure and this is one of the reasons why we think dads are the real supermen!
- Man of Steel: Daddy doesn’t get hurt, right? For my kids, they think that it is virtually impossible for daddy to incur any injuries. This is so innocently inaccurate but most children view their father’s as this force that doesn’t bleed, ail or cry (moms know otherwise).
- “Daddy let’s me fly!” And by “fly” we mean, daddy throws them up in the air (against mom’s wishes) and catches them like no other. Daddy’s shoulders are also the best for sitting as he allows them to pretend they’re on top of the world. Only a superman could be strong enough to do that, right?!
- Move over Clark, Daddy rescues too! Who do you call on when you fall off your bike? Why, daddy of course. You don’t have to be a damsel in distress to know that daddy will rescue you if you need help. Dads also play a big role in gearing children up, when the time is right, and teaching them the independence needed for self-reliance.
- Contrary to what we see on TV, daddies are involved in too. Although we typically see dads being portrayed as clueless, daddies are really great partners in rearing up children and their role is paramount in the overall development of children.
Here at The Stork Bag, we believe daddies are the real Supermen and this Father’s Day, we celebrate Dads around the world.
Happy Father’s Day, Daddies aka Supermen!