The chocolates and flowers of Valentine’s Day are a little less than a month away- what a great excuse to up the romance by planning a little pre-baby trip together to help you recharge, reconnect and relax. And you don’t need to spend a fortune to have a nice getaway, the point of a babymoon is time spent together before your duo becomes a trio. Below is our list of our top picks for babymoon getaways that will be sure to leave you feeling relaxed and loved before baby arrives.
1. Bed & Breakfast – Find a cute town within a few hours of where you live and head off for an easy yet fun weekend together. Do a little boutique shopping and exploring of local attractions, all while spending quality time together and not breaking the bank.
2. Spa Getaway- Check into a spa resort and spend a few days getting spoiled! Enjoy a couple’s massage and some romantic pampering together, all while relaxing completely before baby arrives. Appreciate some indulgent mock-tails and mind-clearing meditation that will be sure and help you prepare for impending motherhood.
3. Beach Trip- Who doesn’t love a beach trip? Whether you are in the mood for a tropical island or a simple lake house, a trip to the beach is always good for the soul. Enjoy restful lounging on the beach with a good book or two while basking in the warm sun and salty breezes. Take a break from cooking and check out local restaurants- after all, you are eating for two!
4. City Escape- Pick a large city that you have always wanted to visit and book a trip there- trust me, now is the time! Take in everything from culture and sight-seeing, to shopping and shows. Splurge on romantic dinners with views of the city and toast to your new addition that will soon be making his/her debut!
5. Cabin Retreat- This is another budget-friendly and low-key adventure that will be sure to leave you feeling good. Book a quiet cabin in the woods for some time off the grid, just the two of you with no distractions. Unplug and get some fresh air while you take a hike, lay in a hammock or go on a picnic for two. Play board games and put your feet up, all while enjoying the great outdoors.
What is your ideal Babymoon destination? Let us know in the comments below!