One of the hardest parts about becoming a mom has been making time for myself, especially during these crazy times when everyone is home more. I only have one child, so I cannot even begin to imagine the mothers who have more than one kiddo. I am a firm believer in self-care and making time for oneself. It does not have to be done every day and it does not have to be an expensive ordeal either. Making time for oneself is literally doing something that brings you comfort, relaxation and joy. I personally started doing this not too long ago and have noticed what a difference it has made in my overall happiness. Below is our list of easy ideas for making time for yourself:
– Give yourself a manicure and/or pedicure
– Treat yourself to dessert or a drink of your choice (Starbucks, Dunkin, etc.)
– Read a book for leisure
– Workout (yes I said it!)
– Get a gratitude journal (takes one minute/day)
– Take a bubble bath
– Forget folding the laundry for the night and relax!
– Go on a shopping run (Target makes everyone happy right?)
– Take a leisure walk
If you are able to find/afford a sitter:
– Treat yourself out to carryout dinner and have a solo picnic
– Go out for a manicure and/or pedicure
– Go out for a massage
– Try a new experience, like horseback riding for example
– Buy yourself a new outfit
– Get together for a social-distance girl’s night out
We have to remember to take care of ourselves so that we can take care of our child/children. We have no excuse not to take care of ourselves no matter how much time we have to dedicate to ourselves or no matter what our budgets may be, a little bit of self-care goes a very long way.
How have you been able to make time for yourself during this time? We would love to hear about what works for you in the comments below!