Winter is in full swing and whether you live in a place where it gets super cold or not, these items are applicable to most anywhere. Unless you live on a beautiful, private tropical island somewhere and in that case, you don’t need to keep reading. But if you are like most of us, winter time brings on a new set of needs and concerns so time to stock the diaper bag with these essentials!
- Extra hats, gloves, and socks: Winter brings on cooler temperatures so it’s important to keep warm extras on hand in case baby takes them off and a) loses them b) gets them dirty or c) both. Little ones are more prone to frostbite so especially if you are going to be outside, it’s very important to have extras. An extra footed one piece is also a good idea if baby doesn’t like to keep socks on. Also, it wouldn’t hurt to throw in a few extra face masks for anyone who is old enough to wear them!
- Tissues/Nasal Aspirator: Be sure to have extra tissues on hand for runny noses and if you can, throw in a nasal aspirator to help with the extra stuffiness. Tissues can also be used as a buffer in case you don’t want to touch any germy door handles!
- Hand Sanitizer: Honestly, hand sanitizer is always good to have in a diaper bag, especially if you are changing diapers but it’s even more essential these days. Washing your hands is always the best way to get rid of those germs but when that isn’t an option, hand sanitizer is the next best thing so be sure and have plenty packed in your diaper bag. And along those lines, having sanitizing wipes for surfaces you might encounter are also particularly good to have on hand and will give you a little peace of mind about unwanted germs.
- Moisturizer: Dry skin can be a big problem this time of year, especially if you live in a colder climate. Find an all-purpose moisturizer than can be used for things like eczema, chapped lips and diaper rash. Having this on hand when you are out of the house will help keep baby comfortable and further protect the dry skin, especially if you are going to be outdoors.
- Extra blanket/car seat cover: These items can pull double duty this time of year! Use a car seat cover or blanket to keep baby warm from the cold with the added pandemic bonus of baby being protected from unwanted germs and contact.
What are your winter time diaper bag essentials? Let us know in the comments below!
Tags: #baby, #diaperbag, #familyblog, #familytime, #momblog, #momhacks, #mommyblog, #mommyblogger, #newbaby, #newmom, #newmomlife, #parentingblog, #parentinghacks, #parentingtips, #postbump, #subscriptionbox, #thestorkbag, #winter,