The chocolates and flowers of Valentine’s Day are a little less than a month away- what a great excuse to up the romance by planning a little pre-baby trip together to help you recharge, reconnect and relax. And you don’t need to spend a fortune to have a nice getaway, the point of a babymoon is time spent together before your duo becomes a trio. Below is our list of our top picks for babymoon getaways that will be sure to leave you feeling relaxed and loved before baby arrives.
1. Bed & Breakfast – Find a cute town within a few hours of where you live and head off for an easy yet fun weekend together. Do a little boutique shopping and exploring of local attractions, all while spending quality time together and not breaking the bank.
2. Spa Getaway- Check into a spa resort and spend a few days getting spoiled! Enjoy a couple’s massage and some romantic pampering together, all while relaxing completely before baby arrives. Appreciate some indulgent mock-tails and mind-clearing meditation that will be sure and help you prepare for impending motherhood.
3. Beach Trip- Who doesn’t love a beach trip? Whether you are in the mood for a tropical island or a simple lake house, a trip to the beach is always good for the soul. Enjoy restful lounging on the beach with a good book or two while basking in the warm sun and salty breezes. Take a break from cooking and check out local restaurants- after all, you are eating for two!
4. City Escape- Pick a large city that you have always wanted to visit and book a trip there- trust me, now is the time! Take in everything from culture and sight-seeing, to shopping and shows. Splurge on romantic dinners with views of the city and toast to your new addition that will soon be making his/her debut!
5. Cabin Retreat- This is another budget-friendly and low-key adventure that will be sure to leave you feeling good. Book a quiet cabin in the woods for some time off the grid, just the two of you with no distractions. Unplug and get some fresh air while you take a hike, lay in a hammock or go on a picnic for two. Play board games and put your feet up, all while enjoying the great outdoors.
What is your ideal Babymoon destination? Let us know in the comments below!
Tags: #babybump, #babymoon, #babyontheway, #expectantmother, #getaway, #healthypregnancy, #maternity, #momblog, #mommyblog, #mommyblogger, #mommytobe, #pregnancyblog, #pregnancygift, #subscriptionbox, #thestorkbag, #traveling,